PhotoFiltre is an easy to use photo editing program. PhotoFiltre allows you to do simple or advanced adjustments to an image. The menus and toolbars give you easy access to the many functions and options.
Installation is simple and quick. You can download free version here.
Resizing an image is one of the most common procedures we do with pictures. Digital cameras produce large-sized photographs to ensure good quality; images downloaded from the internet are often large files; we often need to reduce the size of a picture before publishing on the internet (e.g. Blog), inserting into a document, or sending via email.
Opening an image
Open the image you want to resize using File – Open or click on the Open icon on the toolbar and look for it in the directory where you have saved the picture.
You can undo unwanted change – use the undo arrow or go to Edit menu.
Save the image
Once you have resized your picture, use the Save As to save the new file rather than using Save, which will overwrite your original file.
You can save as type ‘png’ or ‘jpeg’
- Use PhotoFiltre to resize one of your own photos, or find a photo on the internet. (Remember copyright and Creative Commons)
- Post about the process on your blog, with your edited image.
- Choose another editing option/function
- Find a suitable image to edit
- Edit your image
- Post a blog about your editing process and a before and after image.
- Remember to resize images before embedding into your blog.